Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Just replace timing belt and water pump on a 2003 Toyota…

Customer Question
Just replace timing belt and...
Just replace timing belt and water pump on a 2003 Toyota Highlander 3 L while replacing the belt the battery went dead charge the battery now the alarm system have the car disable I have the key I do not have a key Fob. Using the scanner the security system does not have communication check all the fuses the fuses are good with driver side door the key will unlock it but it will not lock in on the passenger side door the key will not lock or unlock the car
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/31/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech

Thanks for posting

It may have an aftermarket added on alarm system, you can try this which works on most to disarm it:

Key out of the ignition

disconnect the negative battery cable and leave door open

put the key in and turn to on

reconnect the cable

enter and close the door try to start.

That didn't work goes into alarm mode with the relays clicking but not honking horn

See if there is an on/off switch on the left kick panel or a red LED that can be pushed in on ot just below the dash

Push it in turn the key on and hold the button until the light stops flashing.

Still nothing

Sorry, that's all I got, I'll see if someone else can help

Toyota Mechanic: Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Craig Manning
Craig Manning, ASE Certified Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Would you prefer a premium service phone call or standard text assistance?
Text
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician