Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Three very rapid beeps when I press the start button. When I…

Customer Question
Three very rapid beeps...

Three very rapid beeps when I press the start button. When I lock the doors, the alarm goes off after about 10-15 seconds.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?

Nope. I will try that.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Toyota?

How do I check that? It has all the options.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Turning the car on and off as suggested in the owners manual'S trouble shooting page, nothing else.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that comes to mind.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 4 days by:
8/4/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 6 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

please. I would like some suggestions.
Toyota Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 6 months ago

lets try this first

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables ) if the cables dont reach you can use any electrical wire as an extension.

2- Hold cables Toghether for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

if this does not work

You will need a factory scanner or equivalent to run a diagnostic scan & retrieve fault codes from the alarm module in the vehicle and based on these fault codes we can pull up the troubleshoot
It could anti theft module, the receiver, hood switch , door switch, wiring etc.. , it could be number of reasons & there is not a fuse or a relay that you can pull out to disconnect it unfortunately
If you do get it scanned post the fault code back here for me and I can help you further on it and be more accurate .

Shawn Few
Shawn Few
Shawn Few