Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My track light, abs light and brake light on the dash come

Customer Question

My track light, abs light and brake light on the dash come on. I have had the brake stop switch and both relays replaced and they still come on. Where do I go from here?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Which fuse would that be? The bulbs work or I would not see the light would I?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2009 Rav 4 V6
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I took it to the dealer. They have replaced the brake stop switch, a relay under the dash and the brake relay in the fuse box compartment.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes re checked with a compatible scan tool that can communicate with the anti lock brake computer.Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed properly according to the diagnostic flow chart for each code set to locate the faulty component needing repaired or replaced.If the code was related to the brake switch and it was replaced this may be a faulty anti lock brake control ecu at fault.But there are several components that can act up causing this issue here so the codes do need read out to help locate the fault.

I would let the dealer know it is still not repaired as they may re diagnose and repair it at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete