Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Second opinion] I've taken the alternator off but I can't

Customer Question

Second opinion] I've taken the alternator off but I can't get the main bolt to tighten back up.JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?Customer: 2004 highlander v6JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: Yes.JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. does the bolt seem to be all the way in? Take that bolt out and check the threads for metal fillings and tell me what you see.