Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Check engine code says knock sensors are bad. How do I

Customer Question

Check engine code says knock sensors are bad. How do I replace them?
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: Yes, PO325
JA: Great. If you share the code with me, I'll pass it along to the Toyota Mechanic. He'll be able to diagnose your issue much faster with a code. What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2000 Toyota avalon
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to be able to replace them, and haven't done anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: engine runs good, has 138,000 on it. been well taken care of since new.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The knock sensors are located under the intake manifold. In order to access them, the manifold will need to be removed. Here I am supplying the location information for the sensors, inspection information, removal information for the intake manifold. There is no stand-alone information for removing the intake manifold and it is located inside the cylinder head removal process. This combined information should have you set.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answer provided. Thanks again.