Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I was driving on highway my car was making a loud noise like…

Customer Question
I was driving on...

I was driving on highway my car was making a loud noise like motorcycle then it started shaking and I pulled over and all the oil seemed to be drained out and car wouldn't move

Mechanic's Assistant: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.

It seemed like something popped off under the car when driving and started to smell of gasoline as I pulled over

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So did you check the oil and no oil?

There was oil all under the car so I believe it all leaked out
it started to smell like gasoline. So it's towed right now because I was unable to drive it

ok so how can I help

I just want to know what it could be and what the pricing will be to fix it

it could be about 100 different things its going to be hard without doing a diagnostic on it. oil on the ground isnt the cause of just 1 problem there are over 100 things atleast

Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 11 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, have you had an oil and filter change recently?

No I was needing an oil change I was actually making an appointment tomorrow for one and my car was starting to sound loud like a motorcycle when I would drive it

were you able to restart the engine?

I could start the car but it wouldn't move when I put it into drive

ok, then it wasnt oil. it was transmission fluid

It was all black. What would that mean

it means you never had the transmission fluid changed before, and it was extremely dirty.

What made it all leak out

what is the year, model and engine size of this vehicle?

It is a 4cl 2008 chevy hhr. I thought it was oil because it said I needed an oil change and when the car stopped working the oil might came on and then the car stopped working

if the engine still starts and wont move when put in gear, then it was transmission fluid, probably due to a rusted through transmission cooler line.

Do you know what the repair to that would be?

if thats what happened then it should be minimal.

Would that explain the loud noises?

very much so.

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you are satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

just checking in to see how its going