Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I can start it up and drive it for a time but soon as I turn…

Customer Question
I can start it...

I can start it up and drive it for a long time but soon as I turn it off it won't start up for about 2 hours

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes i have clean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

92 camery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

2.2 4 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

EGR valve the EGR valve sensor the EGR vacuum solenoid sensor fuel pump fuel filter coolant temperature sensor EFI

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/29/2017
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. replace the crankshaft position sensor. you'll be good to go.

Where's that located at

standby please

Oh Im sorry, its inside the distributor

Is that sensor on the side of my distributor

the connector is

I have to disconnect it from the inside of my distributor
Is it hard to replace
Should I just replace the whole distributor

replace the whole distributor, I forgot to mention that the sensor isnt serviceable by itself. sorry.

just checking in to see how its going

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician