Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I washed my 2005 prius key fob. it's my only copy. it's

Customer Question
i washed my 2005 prius...
i washed my 2005 prius key fob. it's my only copy. it's currently sitting in a bag of rice but i need to leave for a long trip and wondering if i can speed up the process by putting it under a hairdryer at warm/low setting?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 11 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Drying out a wet fob does not always gaurantee it will work again. But Yes you can speed up the process. Split the fob open like you were going to change the battery and let that dry under a hair dryer.

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Thank you for viewing my previous response. Please let me know if you have made progress or need more info. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric