Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have a 2009 Camry. I just replaced The battery, the

Customer Question
Hi! So i have...

Hi! So i have a 2009 Camry. I just replaced The battery, the starter is new and ive checked all fuses but it won't start. It makes a click noise, but no clock, no radio and the outside temp reads E

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No. Its currently sitting at an auto store. They ran diagnostic as well as tested the battery, which is brand new and installed about 2 hours ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Its my husband's car, he is working on it now. We replaced the few fuses that were blown so far. He had been following the fuse panel diagram in the user manual

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/28/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Ok what voltages are you getting at the starter on each wire in the start position?