Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

Ihave a2007 toy corolla 1.8 litre auto fuel pump iis inop

Customer Question

ihave a2007 toy corolla 1.8 litre auto fuel pump iis inop after testing applicapable relays fuses and circuits found ground circuit from ecu to copn relay open(pin 10 on ecu g-r wire not sure where to go from here can you tell me what tells ecu to complete circuit on pin 10?
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: new battery 163000 miles
JA: What year is your Corolla?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fuel pump is not working found ground circuit from ecu to copn relay open(pin 10 on ecu g-r wire) dont know where to go from here what tells ecu to close pin 10 circuit?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 2 months ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is Ricardo pin 10 is a ground signal to the c/opn relay this ground energizes the relay field to connect power to the fuel pump did you repair the wire ?

the ignition module puts power on the field and the computer puts the ground to energize the field magnet on the relay and to bypass power provided by the EFI relay . this is a relay that connects another relay .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have continuity on pin 10 circuit from ecu to copn module all other circuits on copn module and ecu module(in eng compartment) i have checked and are good what parameters are necessary to close circuit on pin 10 and ground the copn relay?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i a

cranck and cam signal the computer needs to see synchronization of this 2 sensors and RPM sygnal

security can also override this signal to prevent start if you are using the wrong key

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thank you

you are welcome if you need any more help just come back in and we can continue even after you rate my answer thank you .