Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The vsc lights, trac off and check engine lights came on

Customer Question

the vsc lights, trac off and check engine lights came on after driving in very heavy rain. since then, the car starts in the morning but stalls out when I try to put it in gear, Later in the day, it starts and runs. However yesterday, it all of a sudden wouldnt accelerate over like 30mph and was really hestitating. its an 05 sienna with around 85k miles
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: i believe it stays on initially, the lights went off after the rain stopped and, i assume, the engine area dried out. Now the lights dont go off.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 05 toyota sienna 85k miles
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: haven't done anything so far
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for posting

The first thing to do is to see what diagnostic codes may be stored in the computer, the main concern is with the check engine light, it is usually the reason the other lights turn on as well, if you happen to have a diagnostic code reader please check for codes, if not most autoparts stores like Autozone, Advance Auto etc offer to check codes for you at no charge, then please return here and let me know what information there is so we can proceed to find the cause for the lights staying on.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Great! I'll get the codes and pass them on. thanks

Y​ou're welcome, looking forward to your reply.