Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Swishing noise when air conditioner on and accelerating or

Customer Question

swishing noise when air conditioner on and accelerating or turning. No noise with a/c of. Sounds like water dripping sometimes also. 04 4runner v6 2wd
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: it comes from the right side of dash. really noticeable when turning but comes from dash area not tires.
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not sure if I will repair, just trying to find out whats going on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Sounds like your low on refrigerant, If you have dye in the system already I would check for leaks, if not recover freon and apply vacuum see if vacuum test fails, if not you have a slow leak somewhere and should refill with dye and check later for leaks,