Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2003 camry will not start. new spark plugs, fuel pressure…

2003 camry will not...

2003 camry will not start. new spark plugs, fuel pressure good at 48 PSI. previous running lean code with misfire in all cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?

Car started and idled poorly until warmed up in the past, but will not start now

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, changed plugs and checked fuel pressure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, thanks

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/25/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

fuel pressuer specs are correct

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan V6-3.0L (1MZ-FE)

Save Article

At Idle Fuel pressure: ............... 304 - 343 kPa (3.1 - 3.5 kgf.sq.cm, 44 - 50 psi) 5 Minutes After Engine Has Stopped Fuel pressure: ........................ 147 kPa (1.5 kgf.sq.cm, 21 psi) or more

we need fuel & spark to start ,so if you have fuel ,we are missing spark .like ckp sensor sending signal to ecu to fire coils or to pulse fuel injector ,u can fuel at rail but injectors not pulsing

if you get starting fluid and spray in the intake or tb body will it start and die

do you know how to check for power and ground at ignition coils?

lets start her and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Im not with car until this afternoon, but will try starter fluid and check for spark. how do I re-contact you?

Sounds good I will try to help you with it

Read below how to get back in touch with me anytime you ready

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till LATE PM Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat
-----------------------------------

Chad Farhat
still working on the 2003 4cyl Camry. I have no spark, Tack does not indicate off 0 on cranking.
I have to leave computer to get Crank shaft position sensor

if tach not moving change ckp sensor

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat