EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE Advanced Level Certified, 17 years dealer experience
34559540

I attempted to start my truck which had been running fine

Customer Question

I attempted to start my truck which had been running fine less than two hours prior. It will turn over but doesn't seem to be collecting fuel. Where should I start
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: No. It starts same as usual
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was parked on a steep grade with slightly less then a quarter tank of gas. I did check the fuses marked in the owners manual.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 3 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you first attempted to roll the vehicle to flatter ground and retry starting? In case fuel is not reaching the pump in the tank.

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for viewing my previous response. Please let me know if you have made progress or need more info. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric