Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a 1998 Toyota camry le v6. Tail lights don't

Customer Question
I have a 1998 Toyota...
I have a 1998 Toyota camry le v6. Tail lights don't work...at least the ones that're supposed to go on with the headlights. brake lights, back up lights work. Would replacing the lamp failure sensor fix the problem, and where is it located?
JA: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: By replacing the blown fuse(twice), and checking all the bulbs...the bulbs are fine. however, as soon as I replace the fuse, and turn the headlights on, the fuse blows again
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: What I've tried so far I've already said. Yes, I'd like to fix this myself. Again..where is the lamp failure sensor located?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

is my cell.
Texting is fine. Just need the location of the lamp failure sensor...

Sure thing be right back with that

Let me know if this is what you need and if you have any more questions

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician