Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I just change the spark plugs and after i put the fuel

Hello, i just change the...
Hello, i just change the spark plugs and after i put the fuel injector back and all componet , i start the engine but die after few secons, what do you think it is?
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: 130,000 and by the book is went i supose to change
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2011 sienna le
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, i think its the maf sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that all thanks
7/24/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Are you positive all things are reconnected?

Will it stay running with throttle applied?

i put all together i put a new gasket on fuel injector and all its well conected, the engine start and i can keep runing by hiting the gas pedal but if i left its die
ok

Was the battery disconnected during this repair?

While keep it running with throttle, does t run smooth and respond well to increased throttle?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
the battery its disconected and increase the rpm at start but then die
no check light on
SuperDave
SuperDave, auto technician
Phone call session started

It may be that the throttle is not relearning correct. Can you check and see if the throttle body is needing to be cleaned. Did you have any running issues prior to the repairs?

its all clean and the vehicle is working well before i do this, i thing its the maf sensor. what do you thing?

We can try cleaning the MAF sensor as well. You would remove both battery cables. Clean the MAF. Hold the cables together for 1 minute then reconnect to the battery and test.

the maf sensor is clean went i take out its like new this is the 1 time i change the spark plugs on this vehicle and i do well maintenance this engine is like new everything is clean inside and outside,i just take out the fuel injector for put new spark plugs and put it back like its before but with new gasket thas all.

Since there were no issue prior but there are now. Something has to be a miss here. You may want to go back over all your work. Try the computer reset steps with the battery that I mentioned. If this still occurs then it is time for a diagnostic tool to figure this out by monitoring signals and sensors.

i take everything out and put it back and still the same

We need a diagnostic tool or Ic an opt out and let another try.

but it is no light on,i have a diagnostic tool and show me nothing
hey i found a unploged wire under the wipers área and now the vehicle its working well.thanks for you time and you help.have a good night.

Glad you found what was wrong when retracing your steps.

i dont now i just misses this plug it is on passenger side under the metal piece on wipper support but thanks again. have a good night.

Good job

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician