Amedee
Amedee, Toyota Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

My check engine light came on so I took the car to the

Customer Question

My check engine light came on so I took the car to the dealer. They say the knock sensor has to be replaced. I'm just wondering what a ballpark price should be for this work.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2010 Toyota FJ Cruiser
JA: Are you fixing your FJ Cruiser yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just took it to the dealer
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Factory time it calls for about 8 hours to remove and replace these sensors. The O.E. part number is(###) ###-####which lists out at $227 bucks.

Depending on the dealerships hourly rate and the states tax, (possibly even shop supplies), your looking close to about $1000 bucks installed.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  Amedee replied 2 months ago.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>