Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2004 sequoia makes a roaring noise while moving. i

Customer Question

my 2004 sequoia makes a roaring noise while moving. i replaced wheel bearings and the roaring noise continues. what can i do to fix this ?
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: less 100,000 miles/ great condition
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no. my mechanic does the work. so far, he replaced the wheel bearings.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Can you pinpoint the noise to the front or back?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot pinpoint front or back. the noise seems to come from the front and back. my tires are good. I have been told the problem could be hub bearings or a knuckle. I don't have a clue. I don't drive it everyday, but I want to make certain that driving it is safe under these circumstances.

Best way to check that is to jack the vehicle up and listen to suspected areas with a stethoscope while the tires are in motion.