Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My toyota venza 2009 keeps showing ''check vsc system''

Customer Question

Hi, my toyota venza 2009 keeps showing ''check vsc system'' after i drive abruptly on a bump yesterday. And ,at one point, the brake become very hard and almost stop on the road. So i had two messages on panel '' check vsc system '' and ''check brake system''. But today ''check brake system'' disappeared . Any suggestion on how to do would be very sppreciated . Thank you so much in advance.
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has the car been handling lately?
Customer: 110000.The car has been smoothly running.
JA: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just came back from a dealer. Asked a little too much fee just for dianocise.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Sorry .
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 3 months ago.

Hi welcome to just answers my name is***** prevent wheels from slipping sideways when cornering or sudden steering. VSC is a system that helps prevent side skids and help stabilize the vehicle while turning on a curve. ... *VSC is designed to help the driver maintain vehicle control, and it is not a substitute for safe driving practices. when this system is activated do to road conditions it will turn on the "VSC" light to let you know that its in control of vehicles stability. the concern is why the check brake system, this is possible that a speed sensor was damaged and now the system is in limp mode until this problem is fix . in the meantime you will still have brake operation but in conventional way without the brake assist.

are both lights on now or whent out?