Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have a humming noise close to the right back wheel,

Customer Question
I have a humming noise...
I have a humming noise close to the right back wheel
JA: Besides this, what condition is the car in?
Customer: 130,000 miles 2007 4Runner had it serviced at dealership 3 months ago
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I take it to the dealership
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can still hear the noise when the car is parked then it stops
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/22/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

So even when the vehicle is parked you can hear the noise?

then it stops after 10 minutes

you may have a fuel pump going out or something related to the EVAP system and the purge valve is sticking.

Is this something your wanting to fix yourself?

no

Ok well those are some of the things that could be a problem, do you have any other questions?

no thank you

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 star rating would be appreciated very much . This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Toyota Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

are you having problems finding the rating box?

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician