Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

The security indicator light is flashing and it is beeping

Customer Question

The security indicator light is flashing and it is beeping every 30 seconds
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Toyota Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2012 XLE
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Turn on and off many times.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I realy on your patience and input to my questions so I can better help you, I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. I s this the original battery in this vehicle?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Original.

Then the first thing I would do is a proper load test on the battery because if it gets low it will trigger the alarm.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Actually I found the problem. It's an odd one. It was a battery problem just not the car battery. It was a battery problem with my garage door opener. The e emergency battery for the garage door was low and was sending a weird signal to the car causing it to have this weird problem we took the battery out of the garage door and it seems to have fixed the problem

Yup that can happen when batteries get low in electronic devices they go haywire. Didn't know you had a garage door opener . But like I said if that battery is original I would replace it soon or you will have the same issue. I don't know if you knew that garages with openers used to open themselves when planes flew over them , radio frequencies effected them. Any way glad you found it good luck.