Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Replaced fuel pump and pump is not turning on has power to

Customer Question
relay can hear relay click...
Replaced fuel pump and pump is not turning on has power to relay can hear relay click but pump does not kick on 99 4runner sr5
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 180000 yes has been starting normally untill I pulled into a gas turned the car off and then it wouldn't start again didn't hear the fuel pump come on so I replaced it and the pump is still not coming on
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I've replaced the fuel pump and maf
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Checked all relays too
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/21/2017
Toyota Mechanic: EricFromCT, Toyota Technician replied 4 months ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Do you have a test light to verify if you are getting power at the fuel pump connector?

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Thank you for viewing my previous response. Please let me know if you have made progress or need more info. Otherwise please take a quick moment to rate my assistance. Thank you.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also work for Just Answer.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Toyota Technician