Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My wifes 2014 prius c has a leaking hose at the exhaust

Customer Question
system heat exchanger and I've...
my wifes 2014 prius c has a leaking hose at the exhaust system heat exchanger and I've discovered Toyota doesn't off a replacement hose. they would rather sell us a $700 heat exchanger (which isn't part of the problem. it seems no part # exists for that hose!!
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: 40,000 miles town car
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its at the dealer; visited there this morning to make sure we are talking apples to apples
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do understand that there is a need for special diagnostic equipment to bleed the air out that system after a repair;which is why I took it to the dealer for this minor repair
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/19/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 4 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Can you clarify your question - are you wanting to know why Toyota doesnt offer that part separately or if there is an alternative to the proposed repair

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager