Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

I have an exhaust leak in 2004 Camry LE in the front exhaust…

I have an exhaust leak...
I have an exhaust leak in 2004 Camry LE in the front exhaust section, flex pipe in front of catalytic convertor. Can this be fixed, replaced with regular exhaust pipe or does the entire section including catalytic convertor need to be replaced? If needing replacement, where can this be obtained?
7/17/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -

Hi James! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Does this vehicle have the 4-cylinder engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Actually, 2003 Camry LE, 2.4L.

Ok. Not a problem. Give me one minute to re-load this vehicle. Be right back...

Thanks for holding, James!

Ok- the "correct" way to replace this pipe is to replace the whole "front pipe" assembly. They "DO" sell "just" the flex section of the pipe, but it's a hassle to get it in there. The old section of flex needs to be cut out and the new one welded into place. So, it "can" be done like this... just more of a hassle.

The front pipe should be available just about anywhere. Looks like Advance Auto has one in stock for around $424.

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does RockAuto or anyone else sell it? Advance Auto prices always high.

I would imagine they do. I just did a quick check to see if I could locate it in a brick-and-motar store just to see if it was an in-stock item. I'd be willing to bet RockAuto has it.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Toyota Tech -