Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

The speedometer on my 2014 Scion xb,is showing at least 30

Customer Question
mph more than I'm actually...
The speedometer on my 2014 Scion xb,is showing at least 30 mph more than I'm actually doing
JA: Are you fixing your xB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not yet,made an appt with Toyoto
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/14/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Is the transmission shifting affected by this?

No transmission problem.I just noticed the speedometer showing at least 30mph more than I was actually going

Thanks, ***** ***** to use a scan tool to see if the PCM is showing this result as well. If the PCM is reading the speed right then the instrument cluster is faulty in this case.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician