Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh,
Experience:  Master Tech at Kennesaw Auto Tech
97664209

I have 2000 Toyota Avalon 137,000 miles. Check engine light

I have 2000 Toyota Avalon 137,000 miles. Check engine light came on. Mechanic friend said I had a P0125 code and O2 Sensor code indicated. He installed a new Thermostat and new O2 Sensor. Drove 8 miles Check engine light on again. Mechanic says now 4 sensor codes P0125, P1155, P1150 and P0171. He says I need to take it somewhere else to be repaired. What are your thoughts about these codes and are these expensive repairs?

Hello, let me get some info. Please stand by.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What's going on with my Avalon
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What's going on with my Avalon?

Sorry about the wait. Since all the codes came after the oxygen sensor replacement, there is a possibility a faulty or not specifief oxygen sensor was used. This vehicle calls for a wideband oxygen sensor and if different sensor is used will result in the issue you are experiencing. Do you have the part number of the oxygen sensor and brand so i can confirm if you have the right part installed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I don't have the part number but I will contact the mechanic who installed the sensor.

Ok. Wrong sensor installed is a very common issue. Keep me posted with the info.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The part # & Brand installed was 13302 Bosch Oxygen Sensor.

Just checked part#13302 in bosch is for a downstream oxygen sensor.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that means the Bosch #13302 is the correct sensor

P0125 is for upstream oxygen sensor, the one before the catalytic converter. Either the wrong sensor was replaced or wrong part number was used. The Bosch part number for upstream is 13540.

Do you have any other questions?

HEllo, just checking if any updates?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The upstream oxygen sensor replacement seems to have done the trick. Check light is now gone. Thank you. I have no other questions.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.