Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

THE MIDDLE SEAT, SECOND ROW, OF MY 2010 SEQUOIA RELEASE

Customer Question

THE MIDDLE SEAT , SECOND ROW, OF MY 2010 SEQUOIA RELEASE HANDLE ( TO LOWER SEAT BACK ) IS NOT WORKING. THE SEAT BACK REMAINS UPRIGHT. CABLE IS STILL ATTACHED TO RELEASE HANDLE - HOW DOES ONE REATTACH CABLE OR REPLACE CABLE?
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: YES, HAD SEAT BACK OFF AND DETERMINED CABLE ATTACHED BUT UNABLE TO LOCATE CONNECTION POINTS ON THE BOTTOM OF SEAT
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: DIFFICULTY IN REPAIR AND SOME FORM OF DIAGRAM OR VIDEO TO ASSIST IN REPAIR
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

I would rate this at a medium mechanic skill level, and I have attached the entire removal procedure from toyota. Let me know if your able to view the document.

Did you get the document?