gomi_otaku
gomi_otaku, Technician
Experience:  VW Technician, VW FastTrack, VW Academy, VW Certified
12249065

I left it sitting in the garage unused for a month or two

Customer Question

I left it sitting in the garage unused for a month or two and flattened the battery It is a Prius 2007
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Tried to jump start. Engine started for a few seconds and then cut out
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The battery was not that old. Changed it two years ago. No leaking visible
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Red triangle error light on dash also comes on once it cuts out And the ps letters on the dash also
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 10 days ago.

Charge the starter battery for a little while before jump starting. It shouldn't start drawing off the alternator to charge the hybrid battery or power up other systems unless it has enough power to do so.

You may also have bad gas, newer gas blends start going bad in just a few weeks now, so if possible I would add gas to fill it up and dilute what is in there, or suck it out and refill