Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

After an oil change followed by a car wash, my check engine

Customer Question

After an oil change followed by a car wash, my check engine light, my ABS light and another light came on.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: They were solid. The oil change place guy read the sensors and found a cylinder 5 misfire message. He turned off the warnings and said to see my service dept.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2011 Sienna. We got the same lights 300 miles away the next day, then again today plus a check VSC system code.
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm trying to schedule with my dealership, but we've had heavy usage out of town these past 3 weeks and can't get it in until next Wed. during their next appt. Is it ok to drive 600 miles this weekend?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is all, just should I rent a car for the weekend driving or still use mine?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we start.Can you supply me with any and all trouble codes so we may proceed?