Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

I have to replace the water pump on a 1992 Toyota tercel and…

Customer Question
I have to replace...

I have to replace the water pump on a 1992 Toyota tercel and want to know what I have to do. Generally if I can take it apart I can put it back together, but I am worried about the belt. Is it the timing belt and if so when I take it off are things going to get out of wack. I am a service tech for John Deere so I don't have any specific Toyota repair tools

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

I have no idea about the miles. its not my car I am just trying to help some people out that have fallen on tuff times is all

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/8/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Is this the 1.5 engine?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician