Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have to replace the water pump on a 1992 Toyota tercel and

Customer Question

I have to replace the water pump on a 1992 Toyota tercel and want to know what I have to do. Generally if I can take it apart I can put it back together, but I am worried about the belt. Is it the timing belt and if so when I take it off are things going to get out of wack. I am a service tech for John Deere so I don't have any specific Toyota repair tools
JA: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?
Customer: I have no idea about the miles. its not my car I am just trying to help some people out that have fallen on tuff times is all
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Is this the 1.5 engine?