Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Check engine and awd light is on and the engine has trouble…

Customer Question
Check engine and...

Check engine and awd light is on and the engine has trouble starting

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

Stays pm

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2014 venza

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Venza yourself? What have you tried so far?

Disconnect the battery and reconnect

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it safe to drive

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
7/7/2017
Toyota Mechanic: david craig, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. How is the vehicle driving? is it losing power? is the check engine light flashing at all when driving?

no to both questions

Provided that you are not losing power and the check engine light does not start to flash this may just be an emissions related failure. By default the other systems, the all-wheel-drive light comes on by default because it requires data from the engine control computer and when it sees a malfunction in the engine control computer the light illuminates. you can go to a nearby Auto Zone store they do free engine code reads . If you can post these code numbers back here I can find out what exactly is going on with the check engine light situation. in the meantime, the vehicle is safe to drive

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. just remember, by accepting the answer and leaving a rating doesnt mean we are done. im here to help you until the vehicle is fixed.

if there is anything else I can do for you please let me know. thanks

david craig
david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic