Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Well I'm trying to locate the shift solenoid E or the lock

Customer Question

Well I'm trying to locate the shift solenoid E or the lock up solenoid and for some reason I am not able to locate it
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?
Customer: Im not sure I know something is leaking but the check engine light is on so we hooked up code reader to it and the code P0770 popped up
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1997
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to I had someone pull the lock up solenoid or the shift solenoid from another vehicle however where I believe it is located its not the same one they brought me so I'm confused
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know the location of those to solenoids if possible.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. May I have the model and engine size of your 1997 Toyota in order to assist you better? If you have the VIN that would be great also.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I do not have the VIN at this time however it is a 97 Toyota camry le 6 cylinder V6
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What was the $5 fee for, to locate you?
Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

I'm here. Sorry for the delay. Experts have no control over pricing. That is set before being connected.

Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

Here is the information that you have requested. I am supplying the description and location of shift solenoid E(shift solenoid valve SL). It is located in the valve body, which is located inside of the transmission.

Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

The removal of the valve body starts on step 7.

Expert:  Todd M replied 2 months ago.

f you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Expert:  Todd M replied 1 month ago.

Just as a reminder, please do not forget to rate the service as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.