Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2006 TUNDRA: CRANKS BUT WON'T START... THIS HAPPENS ON COOL

Customer Question
2006 TUNDRA: CRANKS BUT WON'T...
2006 TUNDRA: CRANKS BUT WON'T START...
THIS HAPPENS ON COOL MORNINGS, EARLY. THIS I HAVE NOTICED BUT I DON'T KNOW IF TEMPERATURE HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT.
ONCE THE DAY TEMPERATURE RISES, IT STARTS AND WILL START ALL DAY LONG AT EVERY PLACE I TURN IT OFF...GAS STATION, STORE, ETC.
MY MECHANIC CAN'T TROUBLESHOOT IT BECAUSE THEY START AT 8 AM AND BY THEN IT'S WARM OUTSIDE AND THE TRUCK STARTS! NOTHING WRONG, HE SAYS.
ONLINE FORUMS POINT ME TO THE FUEL PUMP RELAY.
I WILL INVEST IN A NEW ONE AND TRY IT, WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Toyota
6/15/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 5 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

the fuel pump relay is a common problem ,but if we crank over & no start , that means we are missing fuel or spark or both ?

so what are we missing at the time of no start condition :

1- lets check fuel first easier ? when you turn switch from OFF to ON, the fuel pump supposed to come on for few seconds to prime fuel rail ,u can hear buzzing ,have an assistant at switch and you at filler cap ,do you hear Buzz?

another way if you have starting fluid ,when it does not start,spray in tb body or intake & start it , does it start & dies after few seconds ?

lets start here & we go from t here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

thanks for your help. I replaced the fuel pump relay and it works now.

Awesome news man i m glad

YOU ARE WELCOME

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation.

Please kindly rate Me ,A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated.

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,

You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert

that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please Keep in Mind that when You Rate Me , it Does Not End Our Conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

I 'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat