Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Replaced rear wheel bearings along with ABS wires. Left and

Customer Question

Replaced rear wheel bearings along with ABS wires. Left and right. How do Iget the dash light off.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2003 Highlander
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Disconnected batt. Still on. Was not on before.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually the fault codes have to be cleared out/erased using a scan tool that will plug into your vehicles data port and that can read the anti lock brake computer.Once this is done this will turn off the light you see.In some cases just driving it a few miles will rest it as well and turn off the light.But if the light remains on then the codes need read out and diagnosed to locate why the light is still on then repaired from there.You may be able to rent a scan tool from a local parts store.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete