Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

06 Toyota Matrix 1.8 engine. Replaced engine, run fine

yesterday. Today tried to start...
06 Toyota Matrix 1.8 engine. Replaced engine, run fine yesterday. Today tried to start, cranks no start, no power to DLC. Checked all fuses that I could find. ECU smells burned, did not see any problem. Car set for 2 years! New battery!
Answered in 3 days by:
6/11/2017
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your notes and ready with some advice. Id you have no power to the DLC link and the code reader is not picking anything up from the ECU then it is brain dead and that smell you mentioned is confirming it. But before you replace the ECUgo over any wirig from the re to the engine that may be piched or shorted out that might cause the new one to short out.

Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Thank you for your reply, already ordered computer installed, cranks run for 10 seconds shuts off. can read codes now! Fuel pump is ok!
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician