Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

My engine die on highway, starter is okay fuel pump is good

Customer Question
and there is spark on...
my engine die on highway, starter is okay fuel pump is good and there is spark on spark plug
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: toyota corolla 2003 CE
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I changed fuel pump and tested the spark plug
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: replaced with new fuel pump
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's only thing I can say
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Toyota
6/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I can help you better. I read your notes and have a question before we proceed. When this happened where you driving it at the time , did it do this quickly or gradually slow to a stop?

I'm driving on highway and suddenly stop. It's towed to home. It will cranked the starter but I changed with new battery and new fuel pump, I'd checked the sparks on spark plugs and fuel pressure, it's okay, it will crank the starter and engine but it couldn't start at all.

have you tried spraying quick start into the air intake while cranking?

It's not cranking with starting fluid.
Starter is good but no response with starting fluid
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician