Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

2002 corolla no crank, no run after jumping starter relay…

2002 corolla no crank...

2002 corolla no crank, no run after jumping starter relay am2 fuse blown

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

100000 plus the guy replaced the starter to no avail

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried succesfully to jump relay, checked for juice going to the relay when in start position and their was none, replaced ign switch to no avail and discoverd am 2 fuse blown replaced it and did not blow until i turned the key on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What does the am2 fuse do?

5/23/2017
Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Auto or manual transaxle?

If you remove the ST fuse behind the left side of the dash, replace AM2 fuse, try to start with the key. Does the fuse blow?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
automatic st fuse ok am2 fuse blows when key turned on

Did you do the test I outlined? I do not need to know if the ST fuse is good or not.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
With the St fuse out I turn the switch on and the am2 fuse blew

Thanks, ***** ***** ignition switch the black/white or red wire is chaffed and shorted to ground between the ignition switch and the dash fuse panel. You need to trace those wires to find this short to ground.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I took out wire harness from ign sw to fuse panel and all wires are ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
please call me(###) ###-####

The call request is not available to me. Would you like the wire diagram?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the short is in the black w/ white stripe but is after where it meets the fuse box in the dash any ideas?, please send wire diagram as large as possible so I can see it thanks