Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I think that I have a fuse problem and am trying to

Customer Question

Hi. I think that I have a fuse problem and am trying to determine which is the fuse I need to check
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Toyota. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: I have a 2007 Toyota Sienna. I'm pulling a small trailer and have a 4-pin electrical connector. The brake lights and both turn signals work fine, but the running lights do not.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site.you may want to check the highlighted fuse.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The running lights on the van work though. Does that fuse control the running lights for both the vehicle and the trailer? If so, then the fuse is ok. Could the pigtail be bad if the brake and turn lights work?

ok since the running lights work on the van then yes the pigtail is the problem

you may want to pull the pigtail off and look for any bent or pushed back contacts in the connectors

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Replaced the pigtail. No good. But in the process of installing the new pigtail I found a 5a fuse labelled 'TAIL'. That did it. All good now.