Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

The cruise control for my 2017 Toyota Corolla acts up. When

Customer Question

The cruise control for my 2017 Toyota Corolla acts up.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: When it needs to decelerate the engine speeds up the the car slightly accelerates. 1.8L It decelerates fine when the radar says i'm to close to the car in front of me.
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. It should be covered by warranty, but the service technician said this is normal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The technician also didn't know what the coffee icon on the multi info display meant either
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I'm in cruise control and the car needs to slow down because it is above the set speed by 3-5mph, the CV transmission suddenly downshifts (the engine rpm doubles) but the car does not slow down but speeds up slightly. The Toyota service manager says it is normal because the car shows no warning light. I think a sensor needs calibration, or the Corolla has a software glich. NHTSA shows one complaint similar to mine (ref. ID Number: 10939047)
Expert:  eric remington replied 5 months ago.

call toyota usa