carguy1
carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech
2921078

Engine started running rough and the second trac off and

Customer Question

Engine started running rough and the second trac off and check engine light on and blinking while driving
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It is running in idle with the three lights solid
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2006 scion xb
JA: Are you fixing your xB yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing because I am on the road trying to make it home
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  carguy1 replied 4 months ago.

It sounds like you have a misfire. This is usually why the check engine light will flash. Normally you can have the codes read and it will tell you specifically which cylinder is misfiring. Then that individual coil or plug wire can be replaced to solve the issue. The other lights are usually a result of the misfire code and check engine light coming on. You really need to see if you can have a parts store check the codes for you.
If you dont have to far to go, you can drive it, it's just going to be low on power and it could cause an issue with the catalytic converter.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!