Doctor D
Doctor D, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master , 20 Years Experience
5480360

2012 Toyota RAV4 all of a sudden A/C doesn't work; Just had

Customer Question

2012 Toyota RAV4 all of a sudden A/C doesn't work; Just had all fluids flushed and changed for $1000. only 35,000 miles, well maintained. no lights went on. Fan works...
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: warning lights on the dash
JA: Are you fixing your RAV4 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have a mechanic
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Doctor D replied 4 months ago.

We don't have much to go on here. I assume you've checked your belts and verified no compressor operation? Did this occur immediately after the other repairs? Like as you drove home from the shop?

Its quite hard to diagnose a/c here on this platform as it involves refrigerant gas testing (which in many states is illegal) and significant electrical testing.

How would you like me to help you? And I will do my best.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you tell me the testing that will be done and estimate the time involved?
Expert:  Doctor D replied 4 months ago.

The 1st test you need is a basic a/c service . This will include a freon charge and test, a leak test and filter check and a basic performance test..... Something that really should be done once yearly anyway.

Pricing varies and there are often coupons out for this type of service. But I would say generally $49-$119 is average.

When they do give you an estimate of things you may need to fix the a/c (if needed) your more then welcome to follow up with me and I will go over it with you.

Expert:  Doctor D replied 4 months ago.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.