Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Own a 2003 Landcruiser. Everything worked fine until one day

Customer Question

Hi, own a 2003 Landcruiser. Everything worked fine until one day after starting up the vehicle the CD function on the stereo didnot work....was receiving a msg on the display "external system is not connected". Every other function of the stereo and nav system works just fine. What could've happened? Thank you
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and ready to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better. this is an interrupted communication between the radio portion and cd- player unit as it may look like one unit it is in reality two and connected by a flat wiring loop You can ckeck this if your handy with electronics but better left to a radio shopIs there any further help I can give you?