Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2003 EZ GO, battery monitor shows full charge, only lasted

Customer Question

2003 EZ GO, battery monitor shows full charge, only lasted 10 holes, removed batteries, two years old, had Interstate store test them, ok. installed, found some bad cables, replaced all with new EZ GO cables, ran 14 holes with state of charge light down to third from top, good, 15 fairway cart slowed way down, meter went to flashing. Replaced batteries with new, ran 9 holes down to second light, good, parked for 7 days, switch off, toggle run switch in maintenance position, down to second light from bottom when went to use. discharged way down in 7 days setting. Plugged in charger, started up, 2 hours later charging at 15amps. Help.
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: State of charge stays on solid then fell to flashing, very quickly, third light from top to flashing in one hole, before new batteries.
JA: What is the model of your '03 electric?
Customer: PDS
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, all new battery cables, new batteries, like I said, discharged batteries in 7 days from second light of full charge to second light from total discharge, setting by itself, all switches off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have the cart inspected for any shorts that may be drawing voltage away from the batteries at all times or intermittently.I have seen this cause this fault here.If this is or has already been checked and found o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete