Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

On my 2000 Toyota Tundra I am hearing a should like the

Customer Question

On my 2000 Toyota Tundra I am hearing a should like the in-cab air fan is rubbing against something. It comes and goes. Also I have noticed a green foam pieces out the outlet vents
JA: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?
Customer: Only started happening about two weeks ago. The sound comes and goes. The truck has about 120K miles
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just started researching. I was thinking it could be the in-cab filter, but it sounds like the 2000s did not have one
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 5 months ago.

Hi, My name is Jay

If you are getting debris coming out of vents this may be from internal air tube seals. You should remove the blower motor and see if some of the foam seals are caught in blower fan.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"