Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Engine light and traction control light are lit and it's an

Customer Question

Engine light and traction control light are lit and it's an auto sr hilux td 2014 also has concked out 3 times thisarvo
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Stays on
JA: What is the model of your '14 Toyota?
Customer: Dc 4x4 td a Sr
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried nothing depends what's wrong a mate will fix for me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it thanks
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Both of these lights coming on at the same time indicates a fault is detected by the engine computer.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicates with all computers in your vehicle.Once the codes are read out they can then be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault.

Since there is a very large number of different components that can cause this issue here the codes have to be checked this way.If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.If not a shop or dealer can read out the codes as well as perform the needed diagnosis to locate and then repair the fault if you want.You can also have them just read the codes and diagnose and you can then repair it depending on what is found to be the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete