Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Second opinion] My exhaust is broken the shop I took it to…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My exhaust...

Second opinion] My exhaust is broken the shop I took it to said $600+ I'm looking into a second opinion

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

160,450

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2007 Camry 4 cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?

No no, may dad looked at it and then the shop my*

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's broke of near after the flex part underneath and the flanges are shot they said

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Toyota
4/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is Marty. $600 for parts and labor would be a fair price for an aftermarket catalytic converter with flex pipe but a better option would be to take the car to a muffler shop and have the flex pipe replaced without replacing the converter. A decent muffler shop would usually charge less than $200 for this repair.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician