Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Second opinion] My exhaust is broken the shop I took it to

Customer Question
said $600+ I'm looking into...
Second opinion] My exhaust is broken the shop I took it to said $600+ I'm looking into a second opinion
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 160,450
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2007 Camry 4 cylinder
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No no, may dad looked at it and then the shop my*
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it's broke of near after the flex part underneath and the flanges are shot they said
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Toyota
4/24/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is Marty. $600 for parts and labor would be a fair price for an aftermarket catalytic converter with flex pipe but a better option would be to take the car to a muffler shop and have the flex pipe replaced without replacing the converter. A decent muffler shop would usually charge less than $200 for this repair.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician