Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

2001 toyota tacoma fuel pump issues.. i think fuel pump is

2001 toyota tacoma fuel...
2001 toyota tacoma fuel pump issues.. i think fuel pump is good just cant find a fuse or relay that is keeping it from getting power
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: 135000 miles and replaced fuel pump at 110000. new battery.. just installed as truck has been parked for about six months
JA: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i live on a rural ranch.. i removed the fuel filter to confirm i'm not getting fuel to the motor. The truck will start and run if i supply some fuel through air filter
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
4/16/2017
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. DO you have a 4 cyl or a 6 cyl engine? Please advise. Thanks

6 cyl

Power to the fuel pump is via the 20 amp EFI fuse...Then thru the EFI relay, which activates the CIRCUIT OPENING RELAY. The Circuit opening relay is what sends power to the fuel pump. The 20 amp EFI fuse and the EFI relay are in the fuse panel under the hood; the Circuit opening relay is near the fuse panel under the dash on the driver side.

Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Thanks for choosing Just Answer!!!!

Toyota Service
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert