Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

The front seats heat/cool knob doesn't come on. I can't

Customer Question
The front seats heat/cool...

The front seats heat/cool knob doesn't come on. I can't figure out if/where there is a fuse for it

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

I found the fuse panels and I have a Haynes manual. nothing on either fuse panel comes close to describing the seat heat/cool knobs

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Toyota?

2006 Avalon limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?

The only thing I have tried is to try and figure out if there is a fuse or relay that controls the power to the driver/passenger heat/cool knobs

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I checked the fuses that seemed to have some relation, but they are all good and the other items they affect are working

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Toyota
4/1/2017
Toyota Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

HJello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I CANNOT SEE OR HEAR YOUR VEHICLE SO i RELY ON YOUR INPUT TO MY QUESTIONS SO i CAN HELP YOU BETTER. i READ YOUR CONCERNS AND HAVE A QUESTION BEFORE WE START. do YOU HAVE A CIRCUIT TESTER OR MULTI METER? Can you locate the seat heater relay?Can you pull one of the switches to check for voltage and ground?

Toyota Mechanic: Toyota Service, Toyota Expert replied 1 year ago
Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert

Hello. Different expert here. Did you check the 20 amp S-HTR fuse? This would be the 20 amp fuse on the bottom row of fuses on the instrument pane fusebox, fifth one from the left.