Toyota

Have Toyota Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Toyota

Trying to replace idler pulley on my 2005 corolla but the

Customer Question
pulley has no nut to...
Trying to replace idler pulley on my 2005 corolla but the pulley has no nut to remove the pulley. It has cover over it and I am unable to remove it. What now!
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 303,000. 1.8
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I have the alternator and water pump off but wanted to replace pulley.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: O
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Toyota
3/30/2017
Toyota Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

The idler for the accessory drive belt (serpentine)? Can you post your VIN?

Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician