Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Just bot it from private party. They didn't reset the radio

Customer Question

Just bot it from private party. They didn't reset the radio anti theft and I don't know a master code to reset it
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Notes sure about the battery . But I'm not finding their reset code written down anywhere
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 1991 toyo. 4Runner SR T4W
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just read the manual on the radio, that I haven't really tried anything but what it says in the manual and they don't have a master's reset code in it's so not much
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am my mechanic hun I'm doing the work no that's it everything else is going on it just the radio doesn't work it's got the SEC on it
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I read your notes and problem with your radio. Unfortunately these radios are meant for just that anti theft , once removed or power lost to that unit it has to be reset by entering that secret code programed into it. If you do not have it your screwed, either have to send that unit into TOYOTA to have them reset it or get another unit. I wish I had a different answer for you but that's how they make them. Toyota itself will not even have a code for it if you lost or don't have one. If you have any further questions I'll be happy to answer them , if not please take the time to rate my answer.